Installation of 13700 solar panels
28 April 2021
Pasfrost, our partner factory in Northern vegetables has installed 13,700 solar panels.
Our partner’s roofs are now covered with 31,500m² of solar panels. They will produce 4,000 MWh per year, which will be directly consumed by the factory to supply the cold rooms.
This new photovoltaic installation marks an additional step in the mission of sustainability that Pasfrost has set itself. It demonstrates the company’s strong will to invest in renewable energies and to reduce the environmental impact of its activities.
Numerous actions have already been implemented in this perspective:
- Optimization of the cooling system (recovery of rainwater and reuse in the cooling towers)
- Installation of a heat recovery system (used to preheat water, etc.)
- Pumping of water into shallow wells used for the process after treatment by the water treatment plant (for cleaning of equipment or for the manufacturing process).
- Pumping of water into shallow wells used for the process after treatment by the wastewater treatment plant (for cleaning of equipment or for the manufacturing process).
- Wastewater treatment plant (the largest private installation in Belgium). The wastewater goes through an anaerobic tank generating biogas which is sent to the steam boiler (this covers 20% of the needs).
Gelpass, 13700 solar panels.